Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Associated Foods buys Albertsons

I have loved shopping at Albertsons since I started couponing. They regularly have sales that go right along with current coupons. I have been able to stock up on the things my family uses for very little. Yesterday, it was announced that Associated Foods bought almost all the Utah Albertsons stores (excluding 2 Orem, 2 West Jordan, and 3 St George stores). Click here or here or here for the news story. Although I am disappointed to lose my favorite grocery store, I am optimistic that there will always be deals to be found. I am interested to see what Associated Foods does with this block of stores. I am hoping that they will keep them with a separate identity than the rest of the Associated Foods stores. We'll see how it all plays out.

2 comments:

Claire said...

I'm sorry but it's been a depressing last couple weeks in the coupon world. Between the no redplum's and Albertson's being bought out, I'm pretty frustrated! I can't get the redplum's, I've voiced my opinion, and all that, and it hasn't seemed to do any good. And I'm sure double coupon days are over come this fall :( SAD! :(

Sharla said...

It really has been crazy to get both hits this close together. Hopefully it all works out alright.