Thursday, April 9, 2009

Albertsons 4/8-4/14

Albertsons is having a really good sale this week. It is complicated, but worth the headache (in my opinion)! I have listed below prices on some of the items. There are tons more, click here for the full list and coupons to pair with them.

To make it even better, the Unilever coupon insert from Sunday (4/5) has a $20 rebate. Buy $40 of qualifying products (many in the sale qualify, click here for a complete list) and a ham or turkey, get the price of the ham/turkey back up to $20. This promo gives you the meat free already, and the rebate is on top of that. Crazy good deal.

Also, watch for tearpad coupons on the displays. I saw coupons for marshmallows, jello, cream cheese, whipped cream, tartar sauce, and crystal light.

Kraft/Unilever promo: Spend $25 on participating products, and get FREE meat or seafood instantly, up to $10. Including:

Breyers Ice Cream $3.00
Cool Whip 8 oz $1.00
Kraft macaroni & cheese 5 pack $3.99
Lipton Recipe Secrets dry soup mix $1.00
Nabisco Graham crackers $3.00
Philadelphia cream cheese 8 oz $1.00
Skippy Peanut Butter 16.3 oz $2.00
Snuggle Creme fabric softener 32 oz. or dryer sheets $3.99
Stove Top Stuffing 5-6 oz $1.00
Velveeta Shells & Cheese $2.50
Wish-Bone salad dressing $2.00

(These prices may not seem all that amazing , but if you figure in the meat discount, the prices above are all reduced by 40%.)

Good deals on meat:
Beef round rump roast, boneless $1.88/lb
Cook's shank portion ham, bone-in $.99/lb
Hormel Cure 81 boneless ham $3.29/lb
Pork top loin roasts $1.99/lb
Boneless, skinless Chicken $1.88'/lb

6 comments:

Diane Owen said...

I saw all this in my redplum and was hoping you would tell me if it was a good deal! What would I do without you! I don't know how you always do this, its so overwhelming, but I'm trying!

Sharla said...

It gets easier, I promise! The grocery smart lists show you what are good deals and what aren't. They are sooooo helpful.

Diane Owen said...

I just went and shopped at Albertson's. I'm sure I didn't do as well as you, but my savings was almost equal to what I spent so it felt like a success. Next time I'll need to plan a little better, but its a first step!

Sharla said...

That's great! I always like to see the savings at the bottom to double check how well I did too.

Claire said...

oooh, I really want to do this sale, but I'm going to have to gear myself up for it, and I only have a day and a half left. With the Unilever mail in rebate, you don't have to buy it all in one transaction right?
So did you just buy the $25 worth of stuff to get the meat at Albertsons, and then you will get the remaining $15 worth of stuff later, to meet your $40???

Sharla said...

That's right. You can make up the rest of what you don't spend later. Make sure to check what products qualify. Not all unilever items in the sale are on the list (ie: snuggle dryer sheets).