Thursday, April 9, 2009

How much?

Occassionally, I'll post a list of the items I buy and ask for your guesses on how much they cost. I hope it will give you an idea of how much coupons/bargain shopping really can save you. In a few days, I'll edit the post with the average guess and the actual amount I spent.

4 Snuggle Dryer sheet (70-80 ct)
2 Kraft Tartar Sauce
2 Lipton Secrets onion soup mix
2 Lysol toilet bowl cleaner
6 Philadelphia Cream Cheese 8 oz
5.5 lbs- boneless, skinless chicken breasts
loaf of french bread

What would you guess the total was?

Average guess: $30
Actual total: $22.86

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My guess Sharla is $28.00. But it sure is a interesting group of items.

Mom D.

Maria Bradley said...

My guess is $32. Am I supposed to be guess the total without coupons, or what you really paid? Because I'm sure you got it for some price like $10 dollars with your amazing skills :)

Claire said...

Awesome. Ok, I did the sale too! You talked me into it :) I feel like I got some good deals as well. Except I was bummed, I heard there were $1.25/3 philadelphia cream cheese coupons but I couldn't ever find them. Were you able to find some? That would've made my total $2.50 less! Oh well. Are you going to do the Unilever rebate? I don't think I'll have enough stuff to buy to meet the $40. It ends in 2 weeks, and only 1 of my items I bought yesterday even counted. Anyway, thanks for sharing you deals. Love it.

Sharla said...

I'm glad I convinced you to go to Albies. :) My store had TONS of those coupons. Sorry you weren't so lucky! I'm actually not bothering with the unilever rebate either. Still good deals.

Claire said...

Ok, I'm glad to know you aren't doing the Unilever rebate either, because I was feeling like it wasn't a good deal unless I did it. YA I was bummed about the cream cheese coupons, I even looked at Smith's today too and they didn't have any either. Oh well.
I hope you're not sick of me commenting!! :)

Sharla said...

I'd never get sick of your comments Claire! You're a coupon queen yourself!