Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Rebates

Rebates are a great way to get a bargain. The payback is delayed, but really adds up. In the past 6 months I have submitted $242 worth of rebates. Many of those are full rebates, meaning my entire purchase was reimbursed.
I suggest tracking rebates with a simple spreadsheet. In mine, I have columns for rebate name, rebate amount, date mailed, and any other notes. I highlight them in red when I mail them in and change the font to black when I receive the check. I also scan all my submissions for backup.
Look for rebates:
online
coupon inserts
on product labels
store ads
some stores have regular rebate programs such as: Walgreens, Rite Aid, and Shopko

1 comment:

Claire said...

great idea! Rebates take so long to receive that I forget about them and wonder if there's some I've never even received!